Dear FECC Me
čet, 31. pro 2020. 16:23 Lars ALGELL <firstname.lastname@example.org> je napisao:
Dear FECC Members
Dear Friends within the FECC Network/Googlegroup
Only hours left until 2020 will end and the new year 2021 will come!!!
We wish you a Happy New Year 2021 that we hope will be a much better year!!!
– with a lot of joy with:
From the FECC International Board and Auditors
– we thank you all for this very special and difficult Corona year and that we all will look forward to 2021 – and that there will be better times when the Covid-19 vaccine will be distributed to all countries.
See you soon!
Yassou, yassou, yassou!!!
FECC International Board
- FECC Convention 2021 – 23 May – 30 May – Ptuj, Slovenia
- FECC Dies Natalis 2021 – 8 October – 10 october – Neuhausen/Spree, Germany
- FECC Convention 2022 – predicted date 22 May – 29 May, Pétange/Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxembourg
23 – 30 May 2021 40th Convention in Ptuj, Slovenija.
I hereby forward a mail/letter from Neuhausen/Spree.
It is about cancellation of FECC Dies Natalis 2020. Anyhow we find this letter also positive as we also get a solution:
Documents for the 40th FECC Convention in Ptuj Slovenia.
The prehistory of FECC.
This goes back to the year 1975, on the occasion of the 700th anniversary of the City of Amsterdam.
The then existing Amsterdam carnival associations “Amstelpieren & Brokkerijders, led by Henk van der Kroon (+2018) had dared to organize a spectacular International Prinsen meeting in November 1975 at the RAI Congress Center in Amsterdam.
With the cooperation of the Amsterdam business community, the city council and the diligent work of the carnival associations this could be financed.
Among the guests were his Royal Highness Princess Margriet and diplomats and dignitaries from Brazil, Italy, Greece, Germany and Belgium.
Carnival associations such as “Het Heilig Wammes” from Maaseik (B), Party community from Hasselt (B), “Stadsgarde” from Aachen (D), “Tempeleers” from Maastricht etc
A total of 4,500 attendees.
This unique international event was the start of an exuberant exchange, which continued until 1980. Then it was decided to organize a reunion abroad, more specifically in Patras. This step is now regarded as the establishment of the FECC, in fact, one could well label 1975 as a year of foundation, but the name FECC was not yet known at that time.
In the years between 1980 and 1986, the Reunions were more festive recreations, with encounters between Greek cultures, but in 1986 in KOS the seeds were laid for the necessity of regulations and memberships. The initiative of the extra meeting at Hotel “Prince de Liège” in Brussels, autumn 1986 and the annual meeting in Malta in 1987, prompted the Belgians Vansina (+2018), Baumans, Rega (+2018) and Van Doorslaer to take the initiative to set up a national section of Belgium. This was unique, because no other FECC country had thought of this. Vansina was the first national president to be elected and with his influence as mayor of the City of Leuven and the assistance of his secretary, much could be achieved.
In 1988 the example was followed by the Netherlands and Luxembourg. The National Carnival Commission of Malta followed in 1989 with its own form of a section, while Jiirgen Schmidt also formed a section in Germany in the same year in Bad Ems.
Object and Objectives of FECC.
The Federation is a democratic association, respecting the fundamental values of right and freedom of each of its members, whatever are their political, creed or sex. It assembles people who agree to act and work to join the aim of the association.
The mainobjectives of the Federation amongstothers, are listed hereunder but are not restrictive by any means:
- To unit, the European and Mediterranean and outside Europe/Oversea members Carnival Cities in the exchange of ideas and opinions in the interest of Carnival.
- To collect and preserve knowledge on the usage, costumes and traditions related to Carnival, inside and outside of Europe.
- To promote exhibitions, exchange of ideas and advertising without losing sight of proper national identities.
- To stimulate youth participation in national carnival activities and to encourage exchange schemes for youth among the member states.
- Original Statutes of FECC deposit in Luxembourg – see page 23.